Are you an ambitious student who wants to learn what it really takes to start a small business?
Auroraflow is on the hunt for a summer intern (paid) to help prepare promote and support the launch of our new wellness center in downtown Durham, NC. This internship is expected to begin in June 2022 and last for 10-12 weeks, though opportunities for continuing after the summer may be available. You can anticipate working 15-20 hours/week, or 200 hours total throughout the Summer 2022. Most of your work may be done remote, though you have access to a shared working space and will occasionally be required to be on-site.
**In this internship, you will support Auroraflow by : **
- Building a pre-launch buzz across the Triangle
- Launching & expanding our social media presence
- Creating content that will speak directly to our target audience
- Helping to establish and launch wholesale accounts with local and national vendors
- Supporting operational needs such as recruiting, hiring, and launching new booking systems. And much more!
**This internship is a rare chance to work directly within the founding team in the months leading up to our opening date in late Summer 2022. This position will offer a lot of flexibility to learn and grow but requires : **
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Grit and a get-it-done attitude
- The willingness to take charge of task, even before you feel 100% competent
**For this position, attitude is much more important than experience. With that said, strong candidates will likely : **
- Enjoy and/or have some experience with marketing
- Be comfortable with writing, design, and social media.
- Enjoy technology and have basic experience using business software systems.
- Have an interest in the wellness industry and/or building inclusive businesses.
Pay Range $12-14/hour + performance bonus
Auroraflow is on a mission to provide community-first massage and wellness experiences that improve the lives of everybody we touch. We focus on providing a safe space for historically marginalized groups, particularly people of color and those in the LGBTQIA+ community. We pride ourselves on shaking up the “spa model” by providing customized treatments & experiences that reimagine wellness for people of all backgrounds and walks of life.