P&C Quoting & Underwriting Specialist II
Property & Casualty at Policygenius…
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to sit in the driver’s seat and “take the wheel” in your career? We’re looking for an analytical and customer-minded specialist to join our high-performing team of Home & Auto experts! Our goal is to build upon the incredible foundation and culture we’ve created thus far by taking our newest product vertical and unprecedented client experience to the next level.
This team reviews incoming customers’ needs for home & auto insurance, then prepares proposals recommending coverage and final quotes. It's an engaging process that is mainly driven by sensitive data entry, combined with sound underwriting decisions. They prepare high quality quote proposals for our Sales team to use in their conversations with clients. They're also constantly looking to improve the processes and standards by which the team operates - and they set the pace when it comes to the team's overall production.
This is a unique opportunity to work across multiple teams at Policygenius to help us continue to grow - and help our customers find the best coverage possible!
Base salary for a successful applicant in this role is expected to be $40,470-$45,081 per year. This role is also eligible for monthly performance incentives. Employees at Policygenius can also expect generous benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as location, experience and expertise.
Individuals who reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, and Rhode Island are not eligible for this remote role.
In this role, you will…
- Review our customers’ current home & auto insurance needs, then prepare proposals recommending coverages and finalized quotes
- Consistently uphold our quality assurance standards and service level agreements
- Coordinate with underwriters and carriers to effectively advocate for our customers’ needs
- Collaborate with our Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Assist with risk qualifications by working with different carrier underwriters
- Holistically problem-solve to assist our customers with their unique home & auto needs
- Become a domain expert in our team’s processes, our carriers’ appetites, and cross-functional functions
- Identify and vocalize potential areas of improvement in our workflows, product, and processes
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 1-3 years’ of Property & Casualty experience and a high level understanding of P&C products, along with experience assessing client’s renewal offers (existing P&C experience & license required!)
- You can quickly adapt to new technology and are able to navigate multiple systems seamlessly
- You’re super analytical, passionate about problem-solving, and extremely detail-oriented
- You value a consultative approach and have a strong customer-first mindset
- You’re a team player with exceptional self-management and organizational skills
- You can effectively balance multiple priorities, including efficiency and quality
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, your team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!