Case Management Associate - Life Insurance
Case Management at Policygenius...
Our Case Management team facilitates a seamless client experience through the underwriting process, into post-offer delivery, and during inforce servicing for all life insurance applicants. Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team ensures that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application to offer.
In this role, you will...
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, beginning with creating and sending the application to the client and continuing through underwriting approval, and into policy release, and inforce client assistance
- Coordinate with clients and vendors to schedule and track insurance exams
- Order and obtain underwriting requirements from the client and take initiative to review underwriting decisions to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application, underwriting, and policy release processes, and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience and improve our processes
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 2+ years’ work experience in term life insurance case management, service or sales (underwriting experience a plus) and a Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- You can organize and prioritize your workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner
- You communicate consistently, precisely, and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external stakeholders
- You have superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, your team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Individuals who reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Montana, New York, Nevada, and Rhode Island are not eligible for this remote role.
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!