Relay, a Raleigh- based product company, is looking to change the way we communicate. We've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category -- a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it -- that is disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B enterprise clients and non-desk workers (hospitality, healthcare, education, golf, parks, sports, ...).
This isn't your run-of-the-mill VoIP app; we've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities for them through our robust API Platform.
You'll be a key member of our finance team, and be primarily responsible for reconciling and reviewing cash, AR, prepaids, inventory and related COGS/expense accounts. In addition, you will be collaborating with other business units on various accounting related process implementation and process improvement as well as providing support and coverage for other team members within our Finance department as necessary.
Relay has experienced exponential growth over the past several years, and the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced (and often ambiguous) environment is a must.
This role will be based in our North Hills, Raleigh, North Carolina HQ and we work in a hybrid model with 3 days in the office, 2 days remote.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze bank and investment account reconciliations (including resolving any discrepancies) on a monthly basis.
- Analyze general ledger activities, prepare journal entries, and account reconciliations/rollforwards for accounts receivable, prepaid expenses and other payroll related accounts to ensure all transactions are properly reflected for the period in accordance with the company’s accounting policy and U.S. GAAP
- Collaborate with Supply Chain in monitoring inventory transactions and performing quarterly inventory valuation analysis (including preparation of LCM and E&O analyses)
- Collaborate with Billing, Engineering, Operations and external service providers’ personnel to resolve all accounts receivable issues (including refunds, chargebacks and bad debt write-offs)
- Research, develop and maintain monthly cash receipts, bank and credit card processor expense variance analyses.
- Participate and contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual financial statement close activities.
- Maintain the integrity of financial accounting and controls related to the cash, prepaids accounts, inventory and other payroll accounts and their associated COGS/expense accounts (including process documentation)
- Assist in the preparation and review of work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial statement audit.
- Conduct or assist in the preparation of ad-hoc analyses and special projects, as needed.
Experience, qualifications and skills (what you’ll have):
- New and recent graduates (1-2 years of experience) with a passion for accounting and data analysis strongly considered
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-driven work ethic
- Skilled in Excel, Google Suite (pivot tables, v-lookups, sum if functions, etc.)
- Ability to handle ambiguous or challenging situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to thrive and react to changing business needs within a startup environment
- You are hungry and humble with a balance of confidence and relentlessly curiosity
- You are a hard worker with a strong sense of urgency
- You are a team player and FUN to work with!
About us: company, culture & perks:
First and foremost our culture hinges on growth, impact, and connection where Relayers can do the best work in their lives.
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Birth Cost Assistance + Paid Parental Leave
- Free Gym Access
- Phone, Fitness Tracker or Home Gym Equipment - annual credit towards a fitness tracker or other workout equipment
- Latest PCs, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role