Sales Development Representative
About the role
The SDR is on the front lines advocating for Mezmo and partnering directly with Sales, Marketing, and Operations. The SDR is one of the most pivotal roles here at Mezmo. They have the responsibility to represent and communicate our core mission, evangelizing our solution to organizations looking to change the way their business understands and optimizes their telemetry data.
- Qualify, follow up, educate and develop a pipeline to progress prospects further into Mezmo’s sales process
- Efficiently respond and qualify inbound marketing leads according to set SLAs
- Generate sales-qualified meetings and opportunities for sales account executives using Mezmo’s qualification criteria
- Research target accounts and identify core personas, add contacts, emails and generate interest through cold discovery calls, email campaigns, and social outreach
- Leverage enabled sales skills to maximize customer interactions enough to provide a high-level introduction
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business challenges to effectively understand how Mezmo can solve them
- Log, track, and maintain Salesforce consistently according to Mezmo’s lead to opportunity flow process
- Accurately triage leads/meetings through discovery to assigned account executives
- Consistently achieve sales qualified meeting quota to ensure revenue and growth objectives are met/exceeded
- Work closely with Account Executives and attend customer/prospect meetings as required
- Attend sales and GTM meetings, enablement, and trade shows to stay current with our space
- Work directly with marketing to drive continuous improvement in lead quality conversion rates and pipeline generating campaigns
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous sales development experience or applicable role in the observability, DevOps, engineering space
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Apollo.io/Salesloft/Outreach.io, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo and other prospecting platforms
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong business and technical acumen and aptitude
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with road-mapped ambiguity
- Ability to diagnose customer problems and match them with solutions
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Previous pipeline generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will advance your consideration for this role.
Mezmo has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at Mezmo
At Mezmo, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable Mezmo’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At Mezmo, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.