P&C Sales Development Representative
Property & Casualty Sales at Policygenius…
Are you looking for the chance to make a huge impact on a growing startup with a mission to help thousands, potentially millions of people? We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to be on the front lines of our growing Property & Casualty team, which is transforming an industry traditionally known for being old-school and paper-based! This role will support our home and auto insurance Sales team by ensuring that every client has a seamless experience getting the coverage that they need, all while feeling good about it!
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). After the initial training period, shifts will be Monday-Friday in the evenings (11am-8pm EST). Evening availability is required. NOTE: for candidates in Central/Mountain/West Coast timezones, these times may be reflected earlier in your local time.
Base salary for a successful applicant in this role is expected to be $37,452-$40,000 per year. Employees at Policygenius can also expect generous benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as location, experience and expertise.
Individuals who reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, and Rhode Island are not eligible for this remote role.
In this role, you will…
- Gain exposure to auto & home insurance with an opportunity to obtain a Property & Casualty license if you don’t have one already (don’t worry, we foot the bill!)
- Play a major role in influencing initiatives, team workflows, and the scope of this role as it evolves
- Contribute to our amazing culture and camaraderie on our fast-paced team
- Support our sales team by:
- Making warm outbound calls focused on lead generation. This role does not involve cold calling.
- Scheduling consultations with clients
- Triaging inbound phone calls to appropriate teammates
- Finalizing & making modifications to policy recommendations
- Managing our initial inbound client communications (text/email/phone) to ensure a smooth sales process
- Servicing our in-force clients with policy modifications while also identifying additional sales opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have 1+ year of sales/service work experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with an interest in learning about Property & Casualty insurance products (existing P&C experience & license strongly preferred!)
- You possess a customer-first mindset, superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, and effective problem-solving skills
- You’re able to communicate consistently, precisely and professionally, both verbally and written, with internal and external customers alike
- You can quickly adapt to new technology and processes and navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- You’re focused on honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, your team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!