Flight Coordinator (Remote)
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2023
About Raptor Maps
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 45 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for a Flight Coordinator who will drive success for our turnkey clients on a daily basis. You will act as a central point of contact for a portfolio of solar inspections, ensuring clear and responsive communication between customers and our pilot teams. This is a task based role focused onscheduling of Raptor Maps services and ensures the proper tracking of work completed in our systems.
Spreadsheets and email are your love language, but hopping on the phone to problem solve in real-time puts an extra spring in your step. Backed up by a team of Data Managers with direct scheduling experience, you will utilize existing tools [and test new ones] working to streamline the group’s approach to sometimes challenging logistics. This role demands attention to detail while continually (re)prioritizing a high volume of projects.
Prior titles held may include Flight Coordinator, Appointment Scheduler, or Logistics Coordinator. Note that the majority of this role does not involve field work or hands-on drone operation.
- Coordinate and schedule a high volume of ongoing projects to meet customer deadlines
- Central point of contact for vendors and customers tied to scheduling of inspections
- Track vendor/customer portfolios through real-time updates of spreadsheets and database
- Work with outside partners in a uniform manner with a focus on accountability
- Document processes and systems for internal reference
- Escalate matters appropriately utilizing SOPs, proper channels, and critical thinking
- Support internal requests related directly to Data Team inspection work
- Share regular progress reports within and beyond the team
- Spreadsheet fanatic w/ ability to write simple formulas
- Communicate clearly and effectively across email, phone, and in meetings
- Organize and document work in a standardized fashion to ensure clarity and usability
- Approach work with a mindset toward continuous improvement for self and team operations
- Able to learn and navigate new computer systems
- Travel quarterly for company and vendor meetings
- Work Monday to Friday; 8:30am-5:30pm Eastern
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- 2+ years customer experience background
- Experience managing files in Dropbox and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Slack for team communication
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our Series B!