Business Operations Specialist I
Relay, a Raleigh based SaaS startup, is scaling and adding to its Operations team based on this traction. We are hiring for a Business Operations Specialist to focus on customer billing and collections. In this role, you will get to work within a fast paced startup and a growing Operations Team who are committed to building an incredible customer experience across all Operations functions. Your work will support multiple operations functions including Customer Support, Supply Chain, and Customer Success.
Cross functionally you will interact with other teams including Sales, Business Development and Finance.
We’ve built an adaptable, customer-centric Business Operations team, and in this role, you’ll gain exposure to multiple Operations functions regularly. This position’s primary responsibilities will have you focused on the health of Relay's Billing and Collections program. If you are process and detail oriented, are focused on providing a strong customer experience, and are eager to build a career in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, this is the opportunity for you!
Relay is looking to change the way we communicate. We've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category -- a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it -- that is disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and non-desk workers. Our innovative B2B product has achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities for them through our custom platform.
Learn more about Relay at RelayPro.com
- Provide high quality support to customers with inquiries related to the quote-to-cash process
- Serve as a key operator within Relay's billing and collections operation, using high-touch communication channels, like calling, to drive timely receipt of receivables
- Own the timely application of customer payments, ensuring that we are closing the quote-to-cash loop in a timely manner and providing the most accurate account balance feedback to customers during the collection process
- Be prepared to assist with the submission of customer orders, and the starting of service contracts, in a timely and highly accurate way
- Use provided data and critical thinking skills to assist with creditworthiness evaluations for all prospective customers in a way that aligns with Relay's credit trade policy but does not hinder the sales process
- Use presence within support channels to report system defects and track their impact
- Collaborate with members of the internal Operations group to ensure that they also have the knowledge necessary to provide high quality billing related support when appropriate
- Continuously create, correct, and update all internal and external Business Operations process documentation
- Assist with both recurring and ad hoc Corporate Finance-based cleanups
- Identify process inefficiencies to drive future improvement
- Commit to the Relay mission through a willingness to take on tasks for other internal departments when necessary
- Utilize Microsoft Excel proficiency and data mining skills to build and operationalize recurring billing-related analysis
- B.S. Degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent experience in related role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Adept troubleshooter and customer service provider with experience interfacing directly with external customers.
- Strong numbers and fundamental billing-related math skills, with the ability to zoom out and use data to drive business outcomes.
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented individual
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
Company culture, benefits & perks:
We have a culture where we want our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
Check out what Relayers say about BWIML and being part of the team on our employer page: https://relaypro.com/careers#work-with-us
t's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever-evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash + Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Tracker, Cell phone, Gym Membership and/or Home Gym Equipment annual credit
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Great tech for productivity, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role