Senior Account Executive
Relay, a Raleigh- based product company, is looking to change the way we communicate. We've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category -- a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it -- that is disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B enterprise clients and non-desk workers (hospitality, healthcare, education, golf, parks, sports, ...).
This isn't your run-of-the-mill VoIP app; we've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities for them through our robust API Platform.
We’re hiring for an experienced Senior Account Executive. In this role, you'll be responsible for new customer acquisition and driving new revenue with a solution-oriented sales approach, utilizing a combination of inbound leads and greenfield prospecting into new accounts. Long-term customer success is a key first principle for Relay, and you will work closely with Marketing, Business Development, Product and Operations to balance business and customer needs. This role requires an individual who thrives at relationship building (internal and external), who is detail-oriented and analytically minded, and who seeks to deeply understand our product and underlying technology.
Relay has experienced exponential growth over the past several years, and the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced (and often ambiguous) environment is a must.
This is a hybrid position and based in our Raleigh HQ.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Deeply understand Relay’s product offerings and industry trends in key verticals
- Guide potential customers of Relay through the sales process, turning leads into long-lasting partnerships by understanding their business and use cases, communicating with prospective customers in a professional and persuasive manner, conducting persuasive presentations and demos to small and large groups of customers/executives, overcoming objections and negotiating contracts, and maintaining a database of contact and opportunity information
- Build strong internal relationships (especially with Customer Success and Operations) to ensure our customers have a smooth onboarding experience and derive maximum value from Relay
- Gain proficiency with our CRM and the full sales tech stack
- Periodically travel to events to meet prospects, provide face to face product demos, and generate new pipeline
- Work with a close-knit team of talented sales experts who will challenge you and support you in your professional growth
Experience, qualifications and skills (what you’ll have):
- Looking for a minimum of 2+ years of Account Executive experience
- Enterprise/SaaS Sales experience is highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills and self-driven work ethic
- Excellent analytical and communication skills - you're able to provide clear and concise guidance through emails, over the phone, online meetings, and in-person
- Ability to handle ambiguous or challenging situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to thrive and react to changing business needs within a startup environment
- You are hungry and humble with a balance of confidence and relentlessly curiosity
- You are a hard worker with a strong sense of urgency
- You are a team player and FUN to work with!
About us: company, culture & perks:
First and foremost our culture hinges on growth, impact, and connection where Relayers can do the best work in their lives.
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Birth Cost Assistance + Paid Parental Leave
- Free Gym Access
- Phone, Fitness Tracker or Home Gym Equipment - annual credit towards a fitness tracker or other workout equipment
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest PCs/Macbooks, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role